Free transport to help Shropshire Residents get vaccines
Hinstock Parish Council
Coronavirus: Free transport to help Shropshire residents get vaccinations
Shropshire residents who are without access to transport are now able to get FREE transport to their COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
In order to get help, you must have had a letter inviting you for vaccination in Shropshire, and you must be unable to get there any other way. Subject to availability, Shropshire Council will be able to provide transport to help you get to your appointment and back.
All vehicles will have appropriate ventilation, with strict infection control measures in place to ensure they are operated with the highest levels of public health safeguards.
Transport can be booked by calling the council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 (option 0).
Plans are also in place to extend the transport offer to cover Shropshire’s larger local vaccination centres in Shrewsbury and Ludlow which are due to open in early February. More details will be published shortly when the opening dates have been confirmed.
Dean Carroll, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for adult social care, public health and climate change said:
“The rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination programme is imperative to fighting the virus and getting back to life as normal. To aid the success of the programme, we need to ensure our residents who have been invited for a vaccine can attend their appointment.
“We are hopeful that this will provide an essential service for those vulnerable residents who may otherwise be unable to attend their vaccinations appointments.
“COVID-19-secure measures will be in place in all our fleet to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.”
Step Up and help us stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Stay At Home
- Work from home, if you can
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
- Wear a face covering in indoor settings (food shops, workplaces) where social distancing may be more difficult, and where you may come close to people who are not part of your household or bubble.
- Anyone who has any symptoms should book a test and not leave home for at least 10 days. Those living in households should self-isolate for 10 days if they or any members of the household receive a positive test.
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 – option 0 (lines open on the weekend on Saturday from 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-12pm) or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Share this page
Hinstock Parish Council
- 01948 841945
Find Hinstock Parish Council
Ivy Rose Cottage, Cruckmoor Lane, Hinstock, Market Drayton, Shropshire, SY13 2BS